Friday, December 21, 2007

The Christmas Meme...

OK i got tagged, and last time, i blew it off so i kinda feel obligated this time...
so, watch out you may be next!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - I used to love to wrap stuff in the comic section of the newspaper, but since i don't wrap much anymore...gift bags.

2. Real or artificial tree? - I have been deprived my entire life...i've never had a real tree, and always wanted one, probably next year.

3. When do you put up your tree? - Usually around the 1st.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime around the second or third week of January.

5. Do you like eggnog? if its high octane...i like it. (100 proof Rumple @ a 2:1 ratio).

6. Favorite gift received as a child? - Funny, i will probably change this answer a hundred times, but i keep coming back to, my brothers got me this race track with rechargeable race cars. I played with that thing for years after the cars no longer charged...oh yeah, and this Evil Knievel dude w/the super wind up motorcycle that my parents got me around the same time...it was SWEET!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? - ABSOLUTELY!! The Queen and i can get pretty native on Christmas eve.

8. Worst Christ gift you've ever received? - VERY TOUGH, so many to choose from! I'll say the one that comes to mind is last years Dirty Santa gift. It was definitely for a woman, it was like a candle holder or some such. Oh there was this purple velour long sleeve sweater my grandparents got me one year as a teenager, i didn't have the heart to tell them i couldn't stand it.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? - Snail mail or handout, the Queen usually handles it.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? - Tough one...a solid tie...It's A Wonderful Life and Scrooged...and obviously I STILL DON'T MISS the old Frosty the Snowman, Ruldolph the RNR, Charlie Brown Christmas...
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? well there's always tomorrow.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - my brother's sweet potato suffle IF i can't get my hands on my Grandma's Olde English Pudding
13. Clear or colored lights on the tree? - well, right now they are white,and looks pretty cool, i suppose yellow would be more traditional, but yeah i'd say clear.
14. Favorite Christmas song? - Veni Veni Emmanuel! (O Come, O Come Emmanuel) there is a depth to that song.

OH crap! the Rules are...i'm supposed to tag 3 people with this, i'm not friends with that many yet...i'll give it a go...

DLC

DLL

Sorry Bou i tried to keep you out of this but (gritting teeth...)

Bou

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's finished but won't be up until tomorrow or the next day!

Anonymous said...

Ididn't remember getting you a race track!? Biggest brother

Anonymous said...

dear brother - there is an "o" in souffle! of course we all know that it is NOT a true souffle. perhaps I should change the name to "sweet potato mud" or "sweet potato slop". anyway, I'm glad the family likes it.
Dad- says he DID buy a real tree when they lived a the Palmerosa! After they took it down....Mom was vaccuming needles for better than six months. She told Dad "Don't ever buy another one!" Kevin