Friday, December 14, 2007

Now Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding!

I posted this as a comment on another blog and thought it worthy of tacking to this wall too. So, Bou, if you've come here for hot, fresh fare...sorry, its leftovers for you. But to everyone else, its hot outta the oven...


My Grandma used to make this Olde English Pudding, and being of the very young variety i just thought it looked like a gigantic turd that you were supposed to drizzle with this vile looking white...syrup. Although very few in the ENTIRE family actually ate it, she faithfully made it year after year. One Fateful Yuletide, i have no clue as to when, i mustered the courage to try it, or maybe it was my own older brothers and their coersion...nonetheless it made contact with my tongue. It was one of those "Hey Mikey, he likes it!" moments. I ate it every year after that and have found that in adulthood that i actually crave it, but no one has made it since she last did probably my senior year of high school in '86(she's been gone since '89). I think after all these years i've finally located the recipe from my dad's cousin and am looking forward to making it this year. The question at this point...where the hell do you find beef suet now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that comment was really funny when I read it and I meant to comment back, but got overwhelmed.

I was surprised that nobody put in my comments where you could find 'beef suet'. ;-)