Tuesday, March 01, 2022

lil shavers...


Just got done teaching Noah how to shave for his first time. I taught Jameson, back in May of last year.


Showing them all the important manly stuff like: how to make your own shaving cream with glycerin, shea butter, and liquid soap; how to use the badger hair brush to whip up the foam in the cup; getting the hot wet towel on the face right before you start, and why; all the angles you can and can't use while shaving, when to clean the razor; and ultimately... which after shave to use. ..i need to get some of the old school Old Spice, not that crap they sell now. Anyway, real dad and son stuff, and passing 
on the knowledge of real men. Stuff that 30 something year old boys who wear skinny jeans and man buns didn't learn.

I'm teaching my boys how to shave. 



Seems like just a couple weeks ago i was holding Jameson, rocking him to sleep for the night and just last week, i had Noah laying on my chest as he slept.   



Now, Jameson just told me he would like a nice razor for his birthday. i already know what i want to get him. Noah and i stood in front of the mirror and he asked me about when i first stated shaving... suffice to say, it was a good evening. 


Time marches on... but i got a couple boys that smell like a bona fide barbershop... and you know what? I'm down with that. 

No comments: