Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Findings....

Woohoo!  FOUND IT!!!  The camera has been missing since last week.  The Queen found it buried in Odysseus, so NOW i can post some pics of things that have been going on around here.  I mean, writing is cool and all, but come on, seriously, wouldn't you rather just look at the pics?

No, i'm not posting anything tonight, it's too late to go into all that.  The Queen just handed it to me minutes ago, i don't even remember what all's on there.  So, i'll leave you good folks with this little jewel.

I should probably tag a small disclaimer here.  I love words.  Not so much USING them as finding out where they came from.  This does not mean a definition, i love finding their source, their ancestral root, their fundamentum.

If you want me to go away and not bother your for awhile, put a etymological dictionary in my hands and point me to the nearest park bench.  If you wanna get rid of me for an extended period, buy me one.  It doesn't matter that i just found THIS "a map of the wheel ruts of Modern English" I love that quote by the way, its so visual of where our language has come from.  My mind's eye conjures a scene of some foggy Irishscape with a deeply furrowed, dark earth sodden path, winding into the brume.  You can't exactly see from whence it came or whither bound, yet it is there, and has been for centuries.  I just want to jump in the muddy fosse and find where it leads...

If you're like me...you'll be entertained for hours on end, if not...wait for the pics.

1 comment:

Catiche said...

Believe it or not, etymology is part of what drew me into attending Beth Moore Bible studies. I will never use the verb "to flatter" in the same way again.

So glad there are other word geeks out there...