Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And for my next trick...

Hey! Its not a whole week later...only half...so i'm getting better. It'll help now that i have this done. This is my latest little home improvement project. I've been planning this job for over two years...since we moved in. See, we've got this huge pile of leftover bricks on the side of our house...apparently they kinda oversupplied during the build. I've had all kinds of brainchildren for them...but most of them have spread their vaporous wings and left home. But this one decided to stay and... i gotta tellya...i'm kinda proud of how it turned out. Being my virgin tour with masonry...i don't think its too bad. Nothing fancy, pretty straightforward, but it was actually kinda fun. I'm looking forward to doing some more...especially the older brother of this one...an outdoor brick oven. This was good practice...that will be a real test of my creative genus [sic].

In other news...here is the pic-o-the-week (actually taken last week, but don't tell) The X do like his bath time...

A couple weeks back we went to Tulsa to visit the Grammy and Grampy...there was an egg hunt (read as 'get all you can as fast as you can') since no actual 'searching' was involved. As i watched the melee i found myself dreaming up these huge vacuumous contraptions or something that would just drag behind them as they ran and collected everything in its path... that the Royals could use to make the most of the opportunity at hand. As you can see...we had a good time...



I had instructed HRH to run to the middle at the start where no other kids were...she made a killin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Jay - the mailbox is fabulous - What a great addition - I can hardly wait to see the brick oven ! HONEY

Buck said...

Dang... were those REAL eggs? Someone must have had a hot, steamy kitchen for quite a while... or multiple "someones," more likely.

Nice work on the mailbox planter. There won't be any drive-by mailbox bashing on YOUR street, LOL!

Bag Blog said...

The mailbox is very nice, but your best creations are the Royals.

diamond dave said...

Good grief, it looks like a supercell passed over and hailed Easter eggs all over the place.

And in these parts, I've noticed that all-brick mailboxes tend to attract wayward drivers like windshields moving at 60mph attract bugs. But at least your mail will stay safe.

BTW, where does all the boys' red hair come from? The Queen?

mornin'lady said...

OOOOHWEE! I am very impressed Piper lovely job on the bathing beauty and I do like that mailbox. I need one at my place 'cause cars seem to like my box and I'm at the point now if they're gonna keep banging up my box I'd like to share the damages, a much deeper mark on their vehicle would do, ya think?